Want to Teach Abroad?
Food, Housing, Fun Excursions & Free Airfare All Included!
- Airfare will be provided:
round trip with a school-year
commitment and teaching
credentials, including baggage
- Volunteer visa fees will be paid.
- Housing: Single teachers will be covered, and a small stipend will be provided per month for simple meals. Married teachers will receive $250 a month to assist them with their room and board.
- Free school lunches.
- Occasional fun excursions
- An amazing African adventure
with a supportive international
Requirements & Key Responsibilities
- Agree & abide by Hope’s Statement of Faith
- Be familiar with Hope Student/Parent & Faculty Handbook
- Held accountable to Hope’s Director & School Board
- Educational/Experiential Qualifications
- Implement Teaching With Love & Logic by Jim Fay & David Funk
- Arrive first weekend in August for Teacher Training, Staff Retreat & Classroom setup
- Two Year commitment preferred but negotiable
- Create a climate hospitable to education
- Cultivate a love of learning in your students
- Share our vision of academic success
- Teach students with methods addressing all intelligences
- Cover the curriculum topics required
- Raise support or save money for personal needs
- Supervise & mentor teaching assistants while in your classrooms
- Evaluate, examine, & assess your students throughout the year
- Develop, implement, participate & evaluate your class to improve the students experience at school
- Hold students accountable to school policies and procedures
- Be available to parents & students as needed
- Participate in weekly chapels
- Follow professional practices consistent with school policies in working with students, student records & files, parents, colleagues, safety, equipment, materials & facilities.
- Be punctual to all staff & faculty meetings
- Model correct use of language, oral & written
- Maintain & submit weekly lesson plans
- Assign reasonable tasks & homework
- Participate in professional development opportunities and apply the concepts
- Provide spiritual instruction in the classroom & model Godly conduct in and out of school
- Assist in other responsibilities such as: lunchroom, playground, homeroom, clubs, & other advisory duties.
- Each classroom caps at 15 students
- Each teacher has an Assistant Teacher
- Classrooms may be multi-grade
- School dress code for faculty and students
- Students are placed in classrooms by assessment including age, academic level, social and birthdate.
- School begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:00pm; teachers are to arrive at least 30 min before and stay 30 min after
- Extracurricular activities include: Drama, Art, Music, Dance, Swahili, ESL & more.
We are online! Check out the following links to get to know us a little better!
- Facebook: Hope International School find us on Facebook and give our page a like! You will be able to see all of our fun updates!
- Youtube: HopeSchoolMoshi- We have a few videos up so far! Check out our HOPE THINKS: Leadership video and our HOPE Community Service Day: Soweto Road Repair!
- Instagram: HopeInternationalSchool
Interested in working with us? Email us, and we will send you an application!